Even though we all wish it wasn’t so, Document Locations still rule the integrations between Dynamics 365 and SharePoint. I’m not saying that I have a better idea what would be a smarter way of solving it, but it all seems a bit “2011” ish.
Last week I encountered a problem with the Document Locations for Teams, and I was surprised when I couldn’t find them in the Document Locations at first. The list only contained the SharePoint sites that the standard SharePoint connector uses.
In this list I was missing all of the Teams locations. Turns out that the view is only showing Active SHAREPOINT locations.. hehe
All you have to do is add the “MS TEAMS” to the search, and you should see all of the document locations for that also
After a lot of painful digging I finally found the issue. Someone had decided to install SharePoint in Norwegian when they first setup the tenant!!! hehe. This meant that the URL the SharePoint URL was wrong.
Wrong URL ⛔
Correct URL ✅
Microsoft Support didn’t see a fix in the near future for language support, so I guess it’s time for a small work around 🙂 Not really exciting fix, but you need to create a Workflow or Power Automate on create to change the name of the document location to your local language.
Why a workflow you may ask? When is the last time a workflow failed you I answer 😎
Launching a new app or launching a new CRM system always leaves the users with the same question. Where do I find the application? At first I didn’t really understand the question, because I thought it was natural to bookmark the URL to your application ie https://www.company.crm4.dynamics.com/***** etc.
Eventually I realized that most users are actually using the waffle menu in office 365 when navigating to applications that they don’t use continuously.
They were expecting to see the application in the list when you clicked the waffle menu, because this would save them time.
Luckily this is not a problem 😊 Open the all apps, and locate the app you are looking for
And just like that you now have a quick navigation to your CRM or Power App application in the Microsoft 365 app launcher👊
I have allready posted about the Customer Lookup, but there is a bug ATM that will prevent you from setting the customer lookup correctly.
Luckily Microsoft has provided us with a temporary workaround while they figure out how they are going to support polymorphic lookups like Customer in dataflows 👌
When trying to map customer lookup you won’t be able to see the correct lookup in the DataFlow. It may differ what you see, but it could be a different combination of fields like this:
All of the fields that have “Fieldsomething.Fieldsomethingelse” are lookups. The Customer lookup does not work as intended here, even though the field “ParentCustomerID” is the correct field to use. In a previous post I showed how to get around this issue, but Microsoft removed the projects configuration options. After talking to support, they showed me how to make it work again !!🙏💪