There is something wrong with the BI content pack for Dynamics 365. It might be my setup, but this is what I have to do before demos to fix the connection problem. The issue is related to the content pack filters locked. So after completing the setup you will se an almost blank BI dataset. I haven’t figured out why, but figured out a way around.
I will go through the steps to fix the report and make it ready for demo.
If you can’t find the Dynamics tracking app in OWA you are not alone. It is simply not supported (yet). Not quite sure why. As you can see in the pictures below, I have one with the new OWA and the other with the old OWA
Don’t think this is normal, because I have not been able to reproduce the error since. I created a very simple flow on top of a few custom entities. I used both the Dynamics connector and the CDS connector while testing. When I was going to clean up my mess, I got an error when deleting.
That being said, when I tried to reproduce the flow SDK step, I was not able to. This meant that I was able to delete an entity with an active flow, and I would say that isn’t optimal either?
I tried removing the flow, but that didn’t help.
Had to add the SDK step, and then delete the step before it was ok.
I have tried reproducing the error, but not able to. Still don’t know how flow registered a plugin step in Dynamics, or why it didn’t remove it when trying to delete.
I installed Microsoft Marketing for the purpose of testing in our dev environment. My first irritation was the need of a separate portal just for marketing. I had to reset my customer self service portal just for marketing (fairly annoying). I have heard that this will change later this April, so hoping for the good news:)
PS! I also had to install VOC and I can’t really understand why I have to install this!
ANYWAY. If you wonder what the uninstall button does, here you go!
I started off opening the email I got when I installed the Dynamics 365 for Marketing and clicked the bottom link, and then “uninstall marketing from this org”.
Well that is nice. It all took about 2 minutes. Could it be true that it was that easy?
30 ish solutions and 1 portal reset later I was almost there!
Thank you VOC for creating dependencies that I simply can’t find.. Supportcase created.
This was far from smooth. Uninstalling the solutions way to long because Dynamics kept freezing (probably because of database locks).
Worst of all was probably that Voice Of Customer was installed and I can’t remove it without a support case.
Support called, and they found a dependency in the App for VOC that did not uninstall correctly. If you go into the default solution, and then remove the app step by step you can finally delete the VOC solution! For me that meant doing the ribbon first. Then the entities in the app, and finally the app. All the while publishing changes.